"7 Signs Of A Transformed Mind" Kris Vallotton
It’s easy to talk about having a transformed mind and much more challenging to know what life actually looks like once you’ve begun to think the way that God thinks about things. I love this quote from my dear friend, Bill Johnson: “I can’t afford to have thoughts in my head about me that God doesn’t have in His.”
So, if you’re just beginning your mind-transforming journey, then hold onto this list as hope for your future.
If you’ve been on this journey for a while, then take these as a litmus test to check in on yourself. I hope that it will bring clarity and helpful information for you to move forward with Holy Spirit. (I also want to mention that much of this I learned from Bill Johnson.)
Here are 7 signs of a transformed mind:
1. You live in hope. Any thought in your mind that doesn’t inspire hope is rooted in a lie. So, when something goes wrong a transformed mind thinks, “Oh, that’s going to work out!”
2. The impossible seems reasonable. When God says He’s going to do something that’s never happened before, you believe it will happen.
3. You live in peace and you don’t worry; your speculations are positive. 2 Corinthians 10: 5 says, “We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.” Speculations are the negative “what ifs” in life. Someone with a transformed mind does not entertain negative speculations. What could that look like? If your wife comes home late from work, where does your mind go? If your mind is renewed, even your speculations are hopeful. So you’d think, “Maybe the boss kept her late to give her a promotion,” instead of, “maybe she was in a wreck.”
4. You like yourself and rejoice in your weakness, knowing that when and where you are weak He is strong. I don’t have a perfect life but I actually like who God made me. My personhood is not just my strengths, but it is also my weaknesses. I have things I’m not good at that are a part of who I am. When I’m weak, and where I’m weak, God is strong. In other words, my personhood is more affected by where I’m weak because that’s where I tend to lean on God more to help make me strong (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). So what I want you to know is that it’s okay to like you!
5. You are quick to forgive and freely give others grace and mercy. In other words, you don’t hold offenses and know how to confront in love.
6. You are confident and thankful. Thankfulness shows that you realize you got something you didn’t deserve. So, the difference between arrogance and confidence is gratitude.
7. You believe in others and give them the benefit of the doubt. You don’t know other people’s motives. Half the time you don’t even know your own motives!
BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION IS NOT TRANSFORMATION
So, what does that all mean for you? Romans 12:2 says, “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Much of what is being taught in culture today is behavior modification and not actual transformation. You can try to manage the symptom of your behavior for only so long, but getting to the root of the problem is what actually brings change. Your thoughts are the roots of your behavior patterns. So if you want to transform your life, then a good place to start is in your mind.
Here’s one step you can take today towards transformation: review the above list and pick one that you would like to work on with Holy Spirit (this is probably the one that convicted you the most when you read it). Ask God to reveal His truth about that behavior, and one thing you can do to renew your mind in that area. Is it replacing hopeless thoughts with hope? Is it practicing gratitude in areas where you may struggle with arrogance? Is it accepting your weaknesses as a beautiful part of the way you can lean on God in trust and intimacy? If you feel comfortable I’d love to hear what He highlights to you and how you’ll be actively renewing your mind in the coming week!
Its Exciting The Glory Oil has been just flowing
Ive been in the oil room and just recently poured 65bottles of oil It Seamed like it just kept flowing.
WOW it smells DIVINE!
The Oil is Marvelous! HERE